SIJHL MEDIA UPDATE
Release Date: Monday, Nov. 2, 2015
Lakers move to 10th in CJHL rankings
THUNDER BAY, Ont. – The Canadian Junior Hockey League weekly Pointstreak Top 20 rankings, which were announced Monday, sees the Superior International Junior Hockey League leading Fort Frances Lakers moving up the listings.
Fort Frances jumped three slots to come in at No. 10 this week in the rankings, which are compiled in conjunction with International Scouting Services.
Winners of five games in a row, the Lakers boast a SIJHL-best 12-2-0 record and have now moved five points clear of the second place Dryden GM Ice Dogs.
The red-hot Penticton Vees (BCHL), who have reeled off 18 consecutive triumphs, are the new No. 1 team in the CJHL this week while the defending RBC Cup champion Portage Terriers (MJHL) have moved up to No. 2.
The defending Dudley-Hewitt Cup title holding Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) were tabbed No. 3 in the CJHL.
The following is the Pointstreak CJHL top 20 rankings and five honourable mention teams for the period ending Nov. 1:
POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST WEEK’S RANKING)
1. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (2)
2. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (4)
3. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (6)
4. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (1)
5. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (9)
6. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (3)
7. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (11)
8. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (5)
9. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (8)
10. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (13)
11. College Francais de Longueuil (QJHL) (16)
12. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (14)
13. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (10)
14. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (NR)
15. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (HM)
16. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (19)
17. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (20)
18. Sainte-Agathe Montagnards (QJHL) (7)
19. Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL) (HM)
20. Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL) (HM)
Honourable Mention: West Kelowna Warriors (BCHL), Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL), Georgetown Raiders (OJHL), Smiths Falls Bears (CCHL), Summerside Western Capitals (MHL)
ABOUT THE POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The Pointstreak CJHL preseason rankings are based upon a variety of factors which includes the league in which the teams belong to, last season’s results in regular season and playoffs as well as initial recruiting efforts for the upcoming season.
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada.
The CJHL represents 131 teams and nearly 3,000 players and has just as many former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.
For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.
Specialized for the needs of leagues, teams, associations and governing bodies, Pointstreak Sports Technologies’ solutions streamline operations and improve the experience of sports participants, fans and media. Visit their website www.pointstreak.com.