SIJHL MEDIA UPDATE
Release Date: Monday, Dec. 21, 2015
Fort Frances 5th in final CJHL rankings of 2015
THUNDER BAY, Ont. – The Canadian Junior Hockey League announced their final Pointstreak top 20 rankings for 2015 Monday and the leaders of the Superior International Junior Hockey League were tabbed among the top five teams in the country.
The Fort Frances Lakers were slotted fifth overall in the 131-team CJHL in the weekly listings, which are compiled in conjunction with International Scouting Services.
Fort Frances has won six consecutive games to conclude the 2015 portion of their SIJHL regular season schedule and continue to boast the best record in the league at 23-3-0-1.
The Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) remains No. 1 in the CJHL for a second straight week while the Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) moved to No. 2 and the Penticton Vees (BCHL) slipped to No. 3 in the rankings.
Rounding out the top five in the CJHL are the Portage Terriers (MJHL) at No. 4.
The following is the Pointstreak CJHL top 20 rankings as well as the five honourable mention teams for the period ending Dec. 20:
POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST WEEK’S RANKING)
1. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (1)
2. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (3)
3. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (2)
4. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (4)
5. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (5)
6. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (6)
7. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (12)
8. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (7)
9. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (8)
10. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (14)
11. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (10)
12. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (17)
13. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (13)
14. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (9)
15. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (11)
16. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (16)
17. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (NR)
18. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (19)
19. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (20)
20. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (15)
Honourable Mention: Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL), Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL), Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL), Cumberland Grads (CCHL), Sainte-Agathe Montagnards (QJHL)
With each of the 10 leagues that comprise the CJHL now in their respective holiday breaks, the weekly rankings will return in January.
ABOUT THE POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada.
The CJHL represents 131 teams and nearly 3,000 players and has just as many former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.
For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.
Specialized for the needs of leagues, teams, associations and governing bodies, Pointstreak Sports Technologies’ solutions streamline operations and improve the experience of sports participants, fans and media. Visit their website www.pointstreak.com.