DRYDEN, Ont. — The Dryden GM Ice Dogs and Dudley-Hewitt Cup Planning Committee gathered local media together on Wednesday, November 29th, 2017 to provide an update on the Dudley-Hewitt Cup Championship 2018 planning and to announce a few exciting initiatives tied to the tournament.
A reminder of our social media handles and website address:
Facebook: Dryden GM Ice Dogs
• 12 spots being sold for $1,000 each.
• To date we have sold 4 of the spots, with 8 remaining.
• Being a Dudley Dozen includes the following, limited edition, opportunities and items:
o A Dudley Dozen jersey (only 12 being printed).
o Access to all Dudley-Hewitt Cup games with your customized lanyards.
o Recognized, on the ice, at the opening ceremonies as a Tournament Builder.
• We will be doing a social media and website launch of the Dudley Dozen so keep checking on our Facebook page and website for this exciting news.
• If you’re interested in being a member of the Dudley Dozen, please contact Mike Sveinson at 807.221.9169
• Cost is $100/pass which allows you access to all of the tournament games.
• Seating for the Dudley-Hewitt Cup will be rushed seating to ensure fair and equitable access for all attendees.
• Season ticket holders and Kennel Club members have had the opportunity to purchase their tournament passes.
• Passes went on sale to the public on Monday, November 20th, 2017.
• Keep an eye on our Facebook page and website for future opportunities when tournament passes will be sold.
• If you wish to purchase a pass, you may contact Shawna Fadden at 807.220.4100.
• To kick off Dudley-Hewitt Week in Dryden, we will be hosting an Alumni Game for any former Dryden GM Ice Dogs (or Dryden Ice Dogs) players.
• Cost to participate is $150 – which includes a jersey, socks and access to the social that evening.
• The game is scheduled for Saturday, April 28th, 2018 at 4pm.
• To register or for more information you can contact Shawna Sveinson at [email protected] or 807.216.7154.
• Registration forms can be found by following this link: https://goo.gl/forms/lZUbuvCVJBlkJQc63.
• We will be launching our Dudley-Hewitt Cup Championship 2018 community education campaign in the next few weeks.
• Keep an eye out for promotional materials that will be around the City of Dryden to not only raise awareness of the tournament, but to also begin creating a sense of excitement around hosting a tournament of this calibre in our community.
• Should you wish to invite the team and/or representatives of the Dudley-Hewitt Cup planning committee to your organization to speak of the tournament, please contact Colleen Oliphant at 807.220.3748.
COMMUNITY IMPACT and VOLUNTEERISM
• Hosting a tournament of this size and caliber of the Dudley-Hewitt Cup has an immeasurable positive impact on the spirit of a community, such as Dryden. If you’re interested in being a volunteer, the tournament cannot happen without the help of many volunteers. We have a variety of ways that individuals, and groups, can get involved with helping so please do not hesitate to contact us if you want to lend a hand.
• Anyone interested in volunteering can send an email to [email protected]