The Superior International Junior Hockey League (SIJHL) is seeking a self-starter and driven professional to assist in coordinating the league’s daily activities.
- Assist in all communications aspects of the SIJHL.
- In conjunction with SIJHL Director of Media, develop, write and post news releases and stories to SIJHL website and social media platforms.
- Coordinate development and circulation / publishing of team reports, game reports and special-interest stories.
- Develop and execute SIJHL Communications Strategy.
- Promote the SIJHL brand, players, coaches and support staff.
- Engage players, fans, sponsors, stakeholders and media with social media content.
- Build and maintain SIJHL communications distribution list.
- Identify and advise SIJHL Commissioner of internal and external issues which affect the league.
- Ensure public team rosters are updated and properly formatted as necessary.
- Assist with the delivery of the SIJHL Player-of-the-Week, Player-of-the-Month and Year-End Awards programs.
- Communicate in effective, professional, and courteous manner with all league and team staff, fans, stakeholders, sponsors, officials and other hockey leagues.
- Liaise in professional manner with governing bodies including Hockey Northwestern Ontario, Hockey Canada and the Canadian Junior Hockey League.
- Ability to travel occasionally as required to perform duties.
- Other duties as assigned by SIJHL Commissioner.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary education preferably in Business, Sports Management, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of junior hockey in Northwestern Ontario, Canada and the USA is considered an asset.
- Experience developing and executing an organizational communications strategy.
- Effective communication skills to advance SIJHL brand with media, stakeholders, sponsors, external organizations and fans.
- Adept in communication platforms and social media including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends when necessary to communicate information, news and stories as they arise.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and salary expectations via e-mail with the subject line “Director, Operations” to Commissioner Darrin Nicholas (email@example.com) by 4:00PM (EST), Friday September 2nd, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Superior International Junior Hockey League is based in Northwestern Ontario, Wisconsin and Minnesota and one of nine member leagues of the Canadian Junior Hockey League. The league is sanctioned by Hockey Northwestern Ontario and Hockey Canada.
For more information, visit www.sijhlhockey.com.